Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Sun Thinks I'm Funny

Looks like my joke at the HCC candidate forum impressed Sun reporter John Fritze.
From the Sun politcal blog:

No matter how you feel about the candidates, you have to hand it to Republican City Council candidate Mark Newgent for his sense of humilty and humor and to one of his opponents, City Councilwoman Mary Pat Clarke, for her class. Newgent, who is running in the 14th District, got a good laugh at his speech at a community forum in Hampden the other day by opening with a little dig at his own party: "I know we're a little like the sasquatch. Often talked about but rarely seen." When MPC got up to the lecturn, she told Newgent not to worry about it: "My father was a Republican. He never voted for me once in my life."

Its not an endorsement, but I'll take it.

No comments: